Hip-hop icon Ice Cube tweeted Thursday that a scheduled interview on CNN had been abruptly scrapped following word of his partnership with President Trump to invest in black communities.
“So the POWERS that be cancelled my interview on @CuomoPrimeTime tonight,” the 51-year-old rapper-turned-actor — birth name O’Shea Jackson — told his 5.5 million followers.
“I’ve actually been ban from @CNN for a few months so I was surprised they even asked,” he continued. “But it seems like they can’t handle the truth.”
A Trump advisor revealed Tuesday that the administration had partnered with the “Straight Outta Compton” wordsmith on a “Platinum Plan” to help black Americans.
In a video Ice Cube tweeted earlier in the week, he voiced a pragmatic willingness to work with politicians from either side of the aisle so long as it benefited underserved communities.
But he made clear in another Thursday tweet that he technically hadn’t committed to four more years of Trump.
“I haven’t endorsed anybody,” he wrote, in response to a user who dredged up a 2016 tweet in which the rapper said he would “never endorse a mothaf–ka like Donald Trump.”
CNN didn’t immediately respond to a request for comment on Ice Cube’s claims about the Thursday appearance or the alleged previous ban.
View original post